Friday, April 22, 2011

One shining day among the cloudy ones

This has been a tough week for me. I'm really sensitive to how the weather affects my moods, more specifically how the lack of sunshine affects my mental health. It's nearly the end of April and this West Michigan weather is not cooperating. We've had cloud cover all week with snow accumulation on Monday, rain and cold temps Tuesday and Wednesday. But fortunately, on Thursday we had sunny skies and a decent temp that reached above 50 degrees.

When I checked out the forecast and found the one shining day among the rough ones, I contacted a friend and scheduled a walking date. And I'm so glad I did. Not only did I come home from our 70 minute walk tired and a bit sore, I was mentally and emotionally in a much better place. The sun, the exercise, the fresh air, and the laughter were the medicine I needed to cure me of my foul weather malady.

Now if only I could bottle that elixir...because it's cold, cloudy and rainy again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment