Saturday, January 25, 2014

A New Year

Each flip of the calendar gives us the opportunity to assess where we are in our lives and where we want to be in the coming days, weeks, months, years. Of course, weight loss is always a big goal for most people at the beginning of a new year, but what about professional goals or more personal goals?

For example, most years I set down on paper a general idea of the stories I want to complete in the next twelve months. I might not get nearly all of them done, but at least, I know what direction I want to travel in. What professional goals are you setting for yourself this year?

My personal goals this year relate to being true to myself, finding out who I am, and what will make this next year of my life memorable. My life is in the midst of some big changes, and I can't see what is around the next corner for me yet. This makes me nervous because I always like to know where I'm headed. So, along with discovering my true potential, I am also working on my patience and giving up the illusion that I am in control. What personal goals do you hope to achieve this year?

I wish you all a happy and healthy new year in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment