Sunday, May 31, 2009

My relationship with Dewey

Dewey and I are having a slow start to our relationship. I had to give up on the 81 Key Ideas. I just couldn't force myself to read anymore philosophy. My brain cells wouldn't put up with it anymore. So I found a different book in the 001s, but I'm not really getting very far in that one either.

I think I'm about to write Dewey a Dear John letter and end this whole experiment. I really don't care to read non-fiction, even if it will broad my horizons. I like to do research for a book I'm writing, but I don't care to read it for general reading pleasure. Give me a romance novel any day over non-fiction. I even tried reading a memoir and couldn't stomach it either.

So for now, I am saying Farewell, Dewey. Please don't call me, I'll call you.

No comments:

Post a Comment