Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Caution: Big Challenge Ahead

My monthly writer's group in Grand Rapids is doing a modified NaNoWriMo from January 9 to February 13. In five weeks I've been challenged to write 40,000 words. Oh, my!

I've been busy working on the prewriting/plotting for the story I'm going to tackle. It's a story idea that came to me in the middle of the night this summer when I was dedicating all my waking hours to Networking in the Office. I got out of bed, typed up the scene that was playing in my head and ended up with nearly 2000 words. Then it went on the shelf until I was done with Networking. Now it is time to brush it off and see if I can make it fly.

I'll be posting as the challenge gets underway to let you know how I am progressing. I expect the first day or so will be big numbers with all the prewriting I have done. Then I'm sure it will slow down as life interruptus.

No comments:

Post a Comment