Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter NaNo Challenge Update

I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. Yes, I can!

I am keeping up to date with the daily word count to reach the goal of 40K words in 5 weeks. My goal today is to do a little extra and reach 30K before I lay my head on my pillow tonight.

What I've learned about my writing through this challenge is amazing. I write much better detail and characterization and really take my time in each scene by writing without an outline. I'm not rushing to get from point A to point B to point C, because I have no idea where those points are! I don't know what my characters will do next, so I am taking my time with exploring what they are doing right now.

Wow! Living in the moment. Now there's a lesson for living life that I need to learn better.

No comments:

Post a Comment