Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Motivation

If you read my January 12th post on Authorial Moms, you'll know that my resolutions this year are to Write More and Eat Less. The writing part is going well, especially since I have so much more time now that I'm not teaching this semester. I just have to remember to turn off my internal editor and focus more on volume writing. I have to remember that I will go back and revise and edit and polish until it sparkles. I need to remember to write for maximum output.

At the same time I need to remember to NOT eat for maximum input. :D

It's been two weeks since I started counting calories again on myfitnesspal. The first week was a breeze. I'd done so much overeating in December that it was a relief to get back under control. I lost almost half the weight I had gained during the holiday season. The second week I continued to lose, but it took more of a concentrated effort to stay under my calorie goal, and there were more than a few days that I went over, and a few days that I didn't finish entering what I ate for the day. Then the past two days my monthly hormones kicked in, and I started craving carbs...and I ate them. Whoa! I gained back half of the lost pounds in 2 days! YUCK!

But man, what a good motivation to get back to what worked the first week...writing down EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth, including the blue agave and splash of milk in my tea. Plus, I was able to get back to exercising this morning after recovering from bronchitis. That felt great, and went really fast as I watched the very first episode of The Biggest Loser while walking on the treadmill.

So it looks like fear is a good motivator for me. I don't want to keep cycling up and down with my weight. THIS is the year I get back to my healthy weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment